Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!



Today is my dad's 31st birthday! When we got home from daycare today, the house smelled delicious & I suspected that Mommy had made a tasty meal to celebrate the day!



And boy oh boy was I right! We enjoyed Chicken Cordon Bleu with whipped garlic mashed potatoes & roasted asparagus. I'm sure my mom would share the recipe for the chicken if she had one, but she basically just butterflied & pounded out boneless chicken, dredged it into flour, egg & panko breadcrumbs, browned them, stuffed them with ham & sharp Provolone cheese & baked them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Viola!





I was loving my meal! (Although, come to think of it, after a few bites I wanted to get out to play & then I just had my mom & dad feed me whenever I felt inclined to have another bite).



It's the birthday boy!





Don't mind if I pretty much devour my dad's entire birthday parfait!





Me & Mommy got Daddy a Bears hat & a Blackhawks t-shirt. Unfortunately, the hat is too small for his massive noggin! No wonder my head circumference is >100th percentile!





And for dessert, my mommy ate some stinky toes instead of cake! Happy Birthday, Daddy, I love you with all my little boy heart!

No comments: