Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Potty Excellence

I've been doing an amazing job of using the potty these days! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I'm rather proud of myself!



My daycare deserves a lot of the credit since they encouraged my mom & dad to start sending in me in undies rather than a diaper. It was strange for them at first & maybe they didn't think I was ready but I sure proved them wrong!



I wear a diaper to bed & for nap but otherwise I'm in undies all day long. The biggest hurdle for my parents was taking me on an outing in undies, but I handled it like a champ. We spent the entire morning/early afternoon out & about last weekend & I never had an issue since I used the potty at McDonald's & Home Depot with no problems. Sunday I went to church in undies & spent the afternoon at Auntie Lo Lo & Uncle Josh's house & had dinner at a restaurant sans diaper.



I really surprised my mom tonight when I was in my pajamas & nighttime diaper watching Cars before bed.... Mommy was in the kitchen cleaning up & the next thing she heard was my little potty chiming its pee-pee jingle. When she came into the living room, she was met with the image you see in all of these pictures. I had taken my pj pants & diaper off & gotten on the potty with no prompting! Awe yeah, that's how I roll! And the biggest surprise of all? When my dad got me up in the morning a couple of days ago, my diaper was bone dry. You might not think this is a big deal, but I normally pee like an elephant during the night & my diaper is usually bursting at the seams! I'm becoming such a mature boy all of a sudden!

No comments: